CIP’s Vertical Lift Safety Features
In today’s article, we are going to discuss the safety features of a Custom Industrial Product’s Vertical Lifts and how those safety features will protect your materials.
First, we want to revisit how VRC lifts improve workplace safety.
Vertical Material Lifts and Workplace Safety
In the article titled How a Freight Lift Can Improve Productivity and Safety, we discussed how a VRC lift can improve safety by more than doubling available floor space, allowing staff to move around more freely and better utilize other safety equipment.
In the same article, we also shared how a VRC lift aids in minimizing the two most common workplace injuries – elevated, same-level falls and overexertion from lifting or carrying materials or goods.
But what about the safety features of the VRC itself? After all, employee safety is vital, but it is also important that the materials and goods are also protected.
CIP’s Vertical Lifts are one of the industry’s safest products. As you can see on the infographic below, our material lifts have eight standard safety features.
CIP’s Vertical Lift Safety Features:
- High-Performance Sumitomo motor. This best-in-class motor offers a 20-plus-year life span with over 1mil constant-use duty cycles. It is also equipped with a fail-safe brake — should the motor fail, the brakes will engage immediately.
- Slack Cable Switch. This switch prevents the lift from unwinding the wire rope lifting mechanism if there is not proper tension.
- Safety Enclosures. VRC lifts are enclosed with Flattened Expanded Metal (FEM) that meets or exceeds ASME B20.1 safety standards.
- Broken Cable Carriage Safety. This safety mechanism prevents the lift from operating and the drum from unwinding the cable, if there Is not proper tension on the wire ropes.
- Door Interlocks. These electromechanical door interlocks prevent the lift from opening its doors. When the lift is stationary and the doors are open, the door interlocks prevent the lift from moving, much like an elevator.
- Soft Start-Soft Stop (VFD). The Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) provides controlled acceleration and deceleration. It is standard on all units over 3,000 lbs. or with carriages over 72”.
- Illuminated Call Stations. These buttons provide lift location, gate positioning, and lift status. This is especially important when the operator on one level cannot see the gates on another level. Also included is an emergency stop button at each level.
As you can see, CIP’s freight lifts are made with safety in mind. Vertical Lifts improve workplace safety while keeping goods and materials safe as well – at a fraction of the cost of a freight elevator or forklift.
CIP has been helped businesses elevate their good and materials from one level to another for over 25 years. To learn how a VRC lift can increase productivity and improve safety for your organization, contact our Solutions Specialists at 321-728-3355. You can also visit our website at https://customindprod.com.